It’s Monday Again. My Planned Week in Books
I am having a pretty happy book week. I’m in a pretty good mood. I’ve had some good reads. I dunno. I never thought of myself as a moody reader, but maybe I am!
~sigh~ Unfortunately none this week.
Savage Days, Haunted Nights by Bennett Kremen~ Recieved from Heather Smith at Ariel Publicity for review. This one is supposed to be a thriller.
The Vampire’s Assistant Collection~ A Living Nightmare, The Vampire’s Assistant, and Tunnels of Blood by Darren Shan~ I won this over at Green Bean Teen Queen. I’m kind of looking forward to a non-romance vampire story. I was talking about this book with my husband and I mentioned that the author was born in London and moved to Limerick. He says, “Wait, it’s a book about vampires? Is the author Darren Shan?” Which had me looking at him trying to figure out how he was reading my mind. I just opened the box and there was no way he could see. Apparently he and his buddy know him from when they worked in Limerick for a year. Not important in anyway…I just felt like sharing!
Mercy by Jodi Picoult~ Borrowed from my friend Beth, who borrowed it from a friend of hers. She is moving, so I got it first! I’ve only read one Jodi Picoult novel, but I am totally willing to give this a try!
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown~ Never read it. Felt I needed to read it. Have a friend who has them all, and now I have this one. 🙂 Thank you Candice!
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead~ Glad I picked it up. It wasn’t my first choice to read this week, but I spilled a glass of water on it and I think I had sympathy for the book. I had to show it I still loved it and I didn’t mean to get it wet. Review will be up tomorrow or Wednesday.
Nothing this week. I entered some great contests that aren’t finished though!
The Prolific Blogger Award
I’m a lucky girl! Lookie what I won from J. Kaye at J.Kaye’s Book Blog. If you haven’t been to her site before, please, please click on the link and visit. The Prolific Blogger Award is brand new and it is my honor to share the love.
Here are the rules:
1. Every winner of the Prolific Blogger Award has to pass on this award to at least seven other deserving prolific bloggers. Spread some love!
2. Each Prolific Blogger must link to the blog from which he/she has received the award.
3. Every Prolific Blogger must link back to This Post, which explains the origins and motivation for the award.
4. Every Prolific Blogger must visit this post and add his/her name in the Mr. Linky, so that we all can get to know the other winners. (Click here for the Mr. Linky page.)
So here are my picks! Some are new blogs to me, but are becoming quick favorites. My favorites list is growing!!!
- Park Avenue Princess (a blog I have lurked around for a bit now. She is hosting a contest HERE for an eReader…go check it out and tell her you heard about it from me! p.s. not why I am sending the blog love….promise!)
- Shadow Hunters (a blog I am new to)
- Green Been Teen Queen (Isn’t that fun to say?)
- That Chick that Reads (another new-to-me blog)
- The Latenier Gang Book Review Spot (They are having a Mega-giveaway too, go and check it out! It is a family who reads and blogs together. Very cool!)
- The Adventures of Ceceila Bedelia (Long -time follower of this blog. Such a nice person.)
- Thoughts of Joy (Again…long time follower. Joy is SO sweet!)
I was planning on Awarding this to Jenny at Jenny Loves To Read and Kristen at Bookworming in the 21st Century but I saw them each on other people’s lists for this award. Oh well…still love you guys! Not to mention, J. Kaye who I received this award from, is absolutely one of THE most prolific bloggers I know!
Books Lined Up
I’d Tell You I Love You But I’d Have to Kill You by Ally Carter~ I am in need of some non-vampire reads this week.
Fire by Kristen Cashore~ Really looking forward to this one after loving Graceling
The Vampire Diaries- The Struggle and The Fury by L.J. Smith~ Don’t think I will get to it, but it is next on the list.