It’s Monday Again…My Week In Books
This is kind of a combination of meme’s I’ve found around the bloggosphere. J. Kaye runs one similar, and so do a few others. I thought I could really use a Monday to focus my week, give awards, etc.
What I’m reading this week:
- Uglies by Scott Westerfield
- Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange
- Ramona Quimby, age 8 by Beverly Cleary
My Newbery Challenge kicks off this week. If you haven’t already click on the link to find out details. I’ve compiled my list for the challenge:
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry (1990 Medal Winner)
- My Side of The Mountainby Jean Craighead George (1960 Honor)
- Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis (2000 Medal Winner)
- Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell (1961 Medal Winner)
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen (1988 Honor)
- Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson (1978 Medal Winner)
- The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson (1979 Honor)
- The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder (1941 Honor)
- The Slave Dancer by Paula Fox (1974 Medal Winner)
- The Witch of Blackbird Pondby Elizabeth George Speare (1959 Medal)
- Rules by Cynthia Lord (2007 Honor)
- Ramona Quimby, age 8 by Beverly Cleary (1982 Honor)
I received 2 awards since I last did an awards post.
From Heather at Gofita’s PagesI received the Let’s Be Friends Award
Blogs that receive the Let’s Be Friends Award are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers.
So I’m passing this award on to the following bloggers who are always out to be friends!
- J. Kaye at J.Kaye’s Book Blog
- Stephanie at Stephanie’s Written Word
- Amy at My Friend Amy
- Teddyree at The Eclectic Reader
- Debbie at Debbie’s World of Books
- S. Krishna at S. Krishna’s Books
I also recieved the Your Blog Rocks Award from J. Kaye at J. Kaye’s Book Blog.
There are no instructions for this blog so J.Kaye made it for her top commenters. I thought that was an awesome idea, I’m going to go a bit different and give it to blogs which I have recently found and added to my google reader. I would say that their blogs “rock” or I wouldn’t have added them! They are:
- Heather at Gofita’s Pages
- One Person’s Journey Through a World of Books….who has a name, I just can’t remember it right now!!
This “morning” post has taken most of my day to write. Darn kids! I tried to read from my chair outside while they were playing and that didnt really work either! I read the same paragraph over and over!